Women's Health Physio
What is Womens Health?
Women’s health encompasses a large variety of symptoms and conditions that are specific to women through their lifetime. These include:
- Pelvic floor disorders such as incontinence and prolapse
- Musculoskeletal conditions associated with pregnancy
- Sexual dysfunction
- Pelvic pain
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain (SIJ)
- Vulval conditions
- Newborn, antenatal and postnatal conditions
- Diabetes during pregnancy
- Women’s cancer including breast and gynaecological
- Bowel disorders including constipation and incontinence
- chronic pelvic pain that could include endometriosis (where tissue that normally lines the uterus grows outside the uterus) or muscle spasm
- conditions associated with pregnancy and early parenthood such as back or sacroiliac joint pain in pregnancy, carpal tunnel syndrome and mastitis (inflammation of breast tissue usually due to infection)
What does a Womens Health Physio Do?
A physiotherapist will assess your individual women’s health problem, identify the most appropriate treatment and support you through your recovery. Physiotherapy treatment focuses on maintaining and restoring normal function, minimising dysfunction, preventing disability and improving quality of life.
Mau Imo is our resident Women’s Health Physiotherapist. She has specific training and expertise to help women with issues such as pelvic floor retraining, incontinence, pelvic pain, antenatal and postnatal health and exercises. She also has a special interest in pilates.
We have dedicated private consult rooms here at the PhysioStudio, and can cater for your specific needs with professionalism, empathy and discretion.