March 19 2020
Telehealth Video Consults
March 19, 2020
We have started offering Telehealth physiotherapy consults via video conferencing due to recent developments.
There are obvious advantages to Telehealth in terms of convenience and flexibility, and in current times the reassurance to patients of accessing care from the safety of your home.
How does it work?
- Call or email our reception team to schedule a time. 4933 9893 email@example.com
- Our reception team will ask some simple screening questions to ensure you and your needs are suitable for Telehealth.
- You’ll receive a confirmation including an internet link to access a private, secure and encrypted video chat for your scheduled appointment. Coviu is just like Skype or FaceTime only more secure, safe and professional.
What will I need?
- A reliable internet connection
- An internet device with a camera and a screen- like a phone, tablet or computer with a web camera
- A peaceful space to conduct your physiotherapy appointment
Evidence shows that Telehealth physiotherapy consults are at least as effective and safe as traditional consults. They are obviously not a direct substitute for ‘hands on care’. However, it is understood that because Telehealth encourages independence and patient ownership, the effectiveness of exercise therapy and education /advice is improved.
An experienced physiotherapist will undertake a thorough ‘subjective examination’ in which they ask lots of detailed questions to collect a detailed history of your presentation and symptoms.
Some conditions and patients may not be suitable for Telehealth, perhaps where communication quality may be compromised, or unstable medical issues pose increased risk.
If you have any questions please give us a call on 4933 9893